State and local resources to assist with basic life needs.
- FSSA: Food Assistance Availability Map site is designed to help you find available food resources near you.
- AuntBertha.com connects all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease). Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, legal services, and more.
- Indiana Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Energy Assistance outside of Marion County
- Connect 2 Help 2-1-1 is a free and confidential telephone assistance service to help those in need to get information about food and emergency assistance. Simply dial 2-1-1.
- Frontier Lifeline Discount Program provides low cost internet and telephone services to qualified individuals.
- Comcast Internet Essentials offers low cost internet service, computer equipment and free training to families with at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program.
- AT&T offers low-cost wireline home internet service to qualifying households.
- Spectrum Internet Assist provides low cost internet service to qualified individuals.
- Township Trustees provide emergency assistance for township residents who are experiencing an unforeseen hardship and have exhausted all other assistance options. Contact your local township trustee's office for more information.
- Cigna's Veteran Support Line will help all veterans, their families and caregivers with services and resources for food, clothing, housing, safety, transportation and more. Services are provided whether or not the veteran is a Cigna customer. Call 1-855-244-6211 for more information.
- Crimson Cupboard provide access to free food for IUB students that are in need.
- Helping Bloomington Monroe is a free community resource to help you find the services you need.
- Mother Hubbards Cupboard provides those in need with access to healthy food.
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank collects, stores and distributes food to non-profit agencies that feed the hungry in Brown, Lawrence, Orange, Owen, Martin and Monroe counties in Indiana.
- Finding food in Monroe and its surrounding counties.
- South Central Community Action Program provides assistance with summer and winter fuel bills for households in Brown, Monroe, Morgan and Owen counties.
- St. Vincent De Paul Society offers assistance in the form of vouchers for furniture, and some cases limited financial help with a utility bill, rent, rent deposit or other essential needs.
- Resources to meet your basic needs both on and off campus.
- Paw's Pantry provides fresh, frozen, and non-perishable food to help you fuel up and focus. All members of the IUPUI community are welcome.
- Paw's Closet support all IUPUI students with their clothing needs. You must have a CrimsonCard to participate.
- Community Compass is an app to help connect Indy residents to food resources and nutrition assistance.
- Mid-North Food Pantry, St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry, and Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana.
- Asian Help Services assists immigrants, refugees, business people, students, visitors and their families from Asia to Central Indiana.
- County Mobile Food Pantries
- Indianapolis Power & Light Energy Assistance Program
- The Pantry is a food/soap pantry to support students and staff who may need a little extra help.
- Community Food Pantry, Circle U Help Center, and Hunger Relief Center.
- Interlocal Community Action Program - Energy Programs
- Richmond Dream Center provides a food pantry, clothing closet, emergency shelter and more. Call (765) 939-2975 for more information.
- The Cougar Cupboard is a food pantry that provides food assistance to all IU Kokomo students, faculty, and staff.
- Kokomo Urban Outreach Food Connections
- Food Co-op $10 per visit make 7 meals for 4 people. First come, first served, limit 35 each day.
- Food to You is a rolling pantry that visits specific Kokomo neighborhoods in need, once a month.
- Buddy Bags are weekend food bags that connect children in need with 6 weekend meals plus one snack.
- Human Services, Inc. energy assistance program.
- The Salvation Army provides hunger relief, housing and clothing assistance.
- RedHawks Nest provides comfort and assistance to IUN students, faculty and staff when they need it the most. Facebook page.
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana
- Northwest Indiana Community Action-Emergency Assistance Program.
- Catholic Family Services provides mortgage, rent and utility bill assistance.
- The Gary Indiana Salvation Army provides emergency rental assistance, meals, groceries and clothing assistance. Call (219) 882-9377 for more information.
IU South Bend
IU Fort Wayne