When you eat better, you feel better. Healthy eating is not a diet. It means making changes you can live with and enjoy for the rest of your life. It’s also one of the best things you can do to prevent and control many health problems.
Virtual One-on-One Nutritional Counseling
If you have questions about food, we have answers. Our wonderful registered dietitian (RD) can help you develop a plan to achieve your health goals. Sessions include personalized nutrition education on any topic of interest, including weight loss, heart-healthy eating, digestive health, and more. One-on-one nutritional counseling is available at no charge for full-time employees and their spouses by appointment.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Choosing a Plan for You
I WANT: Five main food groups
I WANT: No dairy, emphasis on water, healthy oils
TRY: Healthy Eating Plate
I WANT: Vegetarian
TRY: Power Plate
Small Ways to Make a Big Difference
- Hungry at work? Munch on healthy snacks (carrots, nuts, raisins, yogurt) instead of raiding the vending machine.
- Read food labels when shopping, and try to avoid high-sodium and overly processed foods.
- Eat seasonally. Besides tasting better, foods that you grow in your own backyard, find at a farmer’s stand, or buy at your local farmers market are generally more nutrient dense. The Indiana State Department of Agriculture is a good resource to find what's in season. To find a farmer's market near you, click here.
- Drink more water. Sugary drinks may taste good, but they’re full of empty calories.
- Don't want to break the bank? Check out MyPlate’s Eating Healthy on a Budget.
Planning a Meeting?
Find out more about Healthy Meeting Guidelines. If you're responsible for ordering food for your meeting, our Healthy Catering Planner makes it easy to find fresh, delicious food options on your campus!
Simple, Seasonal, Sustainable Recipes
Healthy IU Meal Guidelines
Healthy IU embraces the national Reach Healthy Communities nutritional guidelines for meals, snacks, and beverages.