Progress & Data
Learn more about the progress of Healthy IU initiatives.
Workplace Wellness Survey
Work and health are related. The more we know, the better our chances of being healthy ourselves and making our workplaces healthier. That's why Healthy IU supports the Fairbanks School of Public Health Workplace Wellness Survey.
The survey helps us:
- Understand how well IU workplaces are supporting the health of employees,
- Recognize strengths and challenges to health in our university community,
- Identify opportunities for change that are actionable from an organizational standpoint,
- Gauge progress toward a healthier IU.
Healthy IU 2020 Plan & Objectives
Where are we going, and where have we been?
Healthy IU's 2020 Plan & Objectives are a guiding document for Healthy IU services, and are based on a gap analysis using the Fairbanks School of Public Health Survey Data and CDC Scorecard.
Updated May 2017
Ready to Move
Ready to Move pairs upper-level or graduate students enrolled in an exercise leadership class with full-time staff and faculty who the students coach on how to utilize activity trackers to move more throughout the day. The students gain valuable coaching experience while the staff and faculty gain important knowledge about physical activity and the use of activity trackers.
Feel Great IU! Challenge
Through this test pilot program, Healthy IU seeks to:
Create fun and build camaraderie around the common goal of a healthy weight, whether you are working toward maintenance or weight loss.
Find out which educational resources are most desirable to IU employees and their spouses/partners, so that we can continue to offer programs that employees and their spouses/partners truly want.
Find out which educational resources are the most effective in helping IU employees and their spouses attain and maintain a healthy weight.
Gather feedback to learn, grow, and make future offerings even better.
- 2017 Feel Great IU! Summary Report
- 2016 Feel Great IU! Summary Report — Analysis Provided by the IU School of Medicine
Sleep Great IU! Challenge
Sleep affects just about every aspect of your life. If you aren't getting enough high-quality sleep, it can impair both your physical and mental health. Sleep is important for learning, problem solving, managing stress, and regulating mood. It also promotes a healthy immune system and helps prevent chronic conditions like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Despite the numerous benefits of sleep, many of us are struggling to meet our sleep needs. More than a third of Americans aren't getting enough sleep.
Sleep Great IU! was a 4-week online challenge is for IU employees. During the challenge, participants worked on 8 habits that promote better sleep. Participants used a Personal Online Tracker once a week to record which habits they successfully completed for most of the week.
(More evaluation data to come from School of Nursing and School of Medicine soon!)
Climb IU Challenge
Climb IU is Indiana University’s 3-week stair-climbing challenge. It’s intended to encourage employees to move more throughout the workday and be more sustainable.
Participants track the number of flights they climb each day online. Participants have the option of creating/joining a team, or participating as an individual. Climb IU gives employees the opportunity to:
- Stay active during cold winter months (no gym required!)
- Work toward your holiday "maintain don't gain" weight goals
- Bust stress and boost creativity with stair-climbing microbreaks
- Save energy by taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Build camaraderie by creating or joining a team, or reach personal milestones as an individual
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!