Learn about additional resources to support your breast/chest feeding journey.
- LactMed is a database containing information on drugs and other chemicals that are safe or harmful to lactating mothers. Suggested alternatives are also provided.
- Lactation Consultants in Your Community - An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant© (IBCLC©) is a healthcare professional who specializes in the clinical management of breast/chest feeding.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Provides information that supports lactating individuals.
- March of Dimes - Leading the fight for the health of all moms and babies, March of Dimes provides guidance on how to breast/chest feed, use a breast pump, transitioning your baby to solid foods, and much more.
- La Leche League International - Helps mothers worldwide to breast/chest feed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education. Find a support group.
- Indiana Black Breastfeeding Coalition promotes, empowers, embraces, and encourages African-American women to breast/chest feed.
- The Milk Bank provides safe pasteurized donor mothers' milk for fragile infants as well as lactation resources and free lactation support.
IU Working Moms' Group
Organized entirely by IU Bloomington staff members, the affinity group provides a community for female employees who are maintaining a career alongside their parenting responsibilities. The group meets for lunch, once a month, at various locations around campus. Moms with children of all ages, from newborns to adults, are welcome. To join, email Amanda Peterson at email@example.com or like the Facebook group page. The Facebook group is a great resource for trading baby clothes, sharing day care openings, and other parenting tips or concerns.
Milk Matters Bloomington - Provides free, evidence-based, clinical lactation support to all families in the Bloomington community.
IU Health Community Health in Bloomington Nurse-Family Partnership - Pairs first-time moms with a personal registered nurse to offer education and support during and after pregnancy.
Prenatal Yoga supports emotional resilience, offers resources for labor preparation, and introduces relaxation techiniques for expectant mothers.
Goodwill's Nurse-Family Partnership® - Pairs first-time moms with a personal registered nurse for ongoing home visits aimed at supporting mothers and families.
IU Health West Hospital breast/chest feeding support group contact (317) 217-3639 for more information.
IU Health North Hospital breast/chest feeding support group contact (317) 688-2486 for more information and for group registration.
Witham Health Services offers individualized breast/chest feeding support classes for new mothers. Contact the Education Department at (765) 485-8120 for more information.
Franciscan Health Lactation Clinic support group provides new mothers with information about breast/chest feeding and raising newborns. Call (317) 528-5620 for more information. The Mooresville campus offers free support on an individual basis. Contact (317) 834-5990 for more information.
Community Health Network offers an informal gathering of lactating mothers and their babies with Community Hospitals' lactation consultants. Call (317) 621-5380 for more information.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Nurse-Family Partnership® - Pairs first-time moms with a personal registered nurse for ongoing home visits aimed at supporting mothers and families.
Community Howard Regional Health offers a weekly, informal gathering of breast/chest feeding mothers and their babies with Community Health lactation consultants. Call (765) 865-6360 for more information.
Goodwill's Nurse-Family Partnership - Pairs first-time moms with a personal registered nurse to offer education and support during and after pregnancy.
Porter Health Care System provides one-session classes, coordinated by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant© designed to promote successful breast/chest feeding. Click here for upcoming classes.
Methodist Hospitals Lactation Walk-in Clinic is a free clinic for prenatal and postnatal breast/chest feeding support.
- Southlake Campus-Please call Michele Lobo, RN, IBCLC at (219) 757-7638 for more information.
- Northlake Campus-Please call Kim Sausman, RN, IBCLC at (219) 886-4734 for more information.
Milky Way Cafe provides a meeting place for breast/chest feeding moms to share tips and receive advice from lactation experts. The clinic is open every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. It is located at 300 W. 21st Avenue, Gary, IN, 46407 in the Gary Neighborhood Services building. Call (219) 886-0028 for more information.
Northshore Health Center provides free classes on breast/chest feeding and baby basics for mom, dad, grandparents and caregivers. Call Sarah Rhodes at (219) 763-8112 for more information.
IU South Bend
Beacon Health System provides education and support to assist women with navigating through the world of breast/chest feeding.
The Milk Map provides a calendar of events and lactation support groups in St. Joseph County, Indiana.
Baptist Health Floyd offers services that assist new and experienced moms with making their breast/chest feeding experience a success.
Clark Memorial Hospital Breastfeeding Center offers classes, consultation and when needed, equipment.
Clark County Combined Health District offers classes, pump rentals, lactation specialist services and home visits as needed.
Goodwill's Nurse-family Partnership pairs mothers pregnant with their first child with a registered nurse for ongoing home visits to support mom and families.
IU Fort Wayne
Parkview Health Mom's Breastfeeding support group meet every Thursday from 1 p.m.-2:30p.m. Call (260) 266-2464 for more information and directions. Parkview Whitley call (260) 248-9426.
Dupont Hospital provides lactation services and support as well as hosts a weekly Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group.
Lutheran Children's Hospital Breastfeeding Support Services provides education and weekly support group interaction for women who intend to breast/chest feed and nursing mothers.
Healthier Moms and Babies empower moms with education, support, and tools to have healthier pregnancies and births. This agency is also a partner in the Nurse-Family Partnership, pairing first-time moms with a personal registered nurse for ongoing home visits aimed at supporting mothers and families.