30-Day Online Challenge
Sign up ANYTIME before November 3
All are welcome to join!
(Your challenge will start 24 hours after you sign up.)
Did you know? More than half of your body is WATER! With that in mind, it's easy to understand why being properly hydrated helps our bodies and minds feel good. The purpose of the Healthy IU Hydration Challenge is to learn about and practice healthy hydration habits! During the 30-day challenge, participants will track their water intake and receive hydration information and tips.
All IU employees, as well as spouses on an IU-sponsored medical plan, who participate for all 30 days of the challenge and complete the challenge Evaluation Survey are eligible to receive a Healthy IU Water Bottle (first-come, first-served, while supplies last). The water bottles will be sent by Campus Mail only.
How to Participate
During the 30-day challenge, participants will track their daily water intake. They'll also receive an email every 5 days with hydration information and tips. After the 30-day challenge is over, participants will receive a link to an Evaluation Survey.
All IU employees, as well as spouses on an IU-sponsored medical plan, who participate for all 30 days of the challenge and complete the challenge Evaluation Survey are eligible to receive a Healthy IU Water Bottle (first-come, first-served, while supplies last).
Benefits of Staying Hydrated
Staying hydrated is important for almost every bodily function. If you want your body and mind to function their best, proper hydration will help make that happen!
- Regulating your body temperature and promoting a healthy immune system.
- Transporting nutrients within cells and removing waste from the body.
- Healthy digestion and prevention of constipation.
- Preventing dry skin and wrinkles.
- Optimizing energy levels and exercise performance.
- Proper brain function and mood.
- Promoting healthy organ function, including your kidneys, liver, and heart.
- Metabolism and weight regulation.
Not Receiving Challenge Emails?
Double check your spam/junk folders. Hydration Challenge emails are sent via Qualtrics. Qualtrics admins sometimes come across the situation of Qualtrics users not receiving emails. Their advice is to reach out to UITS support (or your TechSelect rep, if you are a TechSelect client), who will work with you to make sure there is nothing in your email settings filtering out Qualtrics items. Participants who do not receive the challenge emails have a couple options:
- Short-term fix: Let Healthy IU know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to send you the challenge content in another way.
- Long-term solution: Contact UITS or TechSelect to help adjust your email settings.
Email us at email@example.com.