7-Day Online Challenge
Participate ANYTIME between May 19-July 31
All are welcome to join!
(Your challenge will start 24 hours after you sign up.)
Did you know? More than half of your body is WATER! With that in mind, it's easy to understand why being properly hydrated helps our bodies and minds feel good. The purpose of the Healthy IU Hydration Challenge is to learn about and practice healthy hydration habits! Daily emails with hydration information and tips will be sent to participants during the 7-day challenge, and participants will track their water intake.
Full-time employees and their spouses who participate for all 7 days of the challenge and complete the challenge Evaluation Survey are eligible to receive a Healthy IU Water Bottle (first-come, first-served, while supplies last).
When will I receive my water bottle? Water bottles will be sent via Campus Mail when employees are back on campus.
How to Participate
During the 7-day challenge, you will track your daily water intake. You'll also receive daily emails with hydration information and tips. After the 7-day challenge is over, you'll receive a link to an Evaluation Survey. Full-time employees and their spouses who participate for all 7 days of the challenge and complete the challenge Evaluation Survey are eligible to receive a Healthy IU Water Bottle (first-come, first-served, while supplies last).
Benefits of Staying Hydrated
Staying hydrated is important for almost every bodily function. If you want your body and mind to function their best, proper hydration will help make that happen!
- Regulating your body temperature and promoting a healthy immune system.
- Transporting nutrients within cells and removing waste from the body.
- Healthy digestion and prevention of constipation.
- Preventing dry skin and wrinkles.
- Optimizing energy levels and exercise performance.
- Proper brain function and mood.
- Promoting healthy organ function, including your kidneys, liver, and heart.
- Metabolism and weight regulation.
Not Receiving Challenge Emails?
Double check your spam/junk folders. Hydration Challenge emails are sent via Qualtrics. Qualtrics admins sometimes come across the situation of Qualtrics users not receiving emails. Their advice is to reach out to UITS support (or your TechSelect rep, if you are a TechSelect client), who will work with you to make sure there is nothing in your email settings filtering out Qualtrics items. Participants who do not receive the challenge emails have a couple options:
- Short-term fix: Let Healthy IU know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to send you the challenge content in another way.
- Long-term solution: Contact UITS or TechSelect to help adjust your email settings.