Healthy Vending Initiative
What is a healthy snack?
- No more than 200 calories
- No more than 240 mg sodium
- Zero g trans fat and no partially hydrogenated oils
- No more than 1 g saturated fat (excludes nuts and seeds)
- No more than 25% of calories from sugar (excludes yogurt and fruit)
- No regular chips
What do the colors in the vending machine mean?
The goal of the healthy vending machines is to have at least 33% "green" (healthy) items and no more than 33% "red" (not-so-healthy) items. The following shows the qualifications for a "green," "yellow," or "red" item.
What are some examples of the snacks available?
Where can I find a vending machine with healthy options on my campus?
Click on a campus below to view Taste & Tell results or check out healthy vending offerings/locations.