Programs & Workshops
IU offers programs and workshops to help you live your best you.
University-wide Fall Programs
To view University-Wide Fall Programs, click here.
Care Talks, by Care.com, provide advice and guidance from expert speakers to help you better care for yourself and your family.
There are seven (7) Care Talks per month across seven themes:
- Confident Parenting
- Raising Children with Disabilities
- Caring for Aging Loved Ones
- Financial Wellness
- Your healthy Lifestyle
- Emotional Wellness
- Succeed at Work
SupportLinc Monthly Trainings
Join SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program for their free monthly training. Every first Wednesday, the monthly topic training will be offered three times throughout the day. Select your preferred time to attend the monthly session to register. You’ll receive a confirmation email with information to join your training on the below dates and times.
Navigating Return to School
August 2, 2023
September 6, 2023
October 4, 2023
November 1, 2023
December 6, 2023
SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program (EAP), administered by CuraLinc Healthcare, is a confidential resource that provides 24/7 access to professional counseling and referrals. SupportLinc’s licensed counselors can provide short-term assistance with issues such as:
- grief and loss
- substance abuse
- marriage and relationship problems
- work-related pressures
- stress and anxiety
Eligibility: Services are provided at no cost to all employees, IU Residents, Graduate Appointees, Fellowship Recipients, and their household members.
- Unlimited 24/7/365 telephonic counseling with a professionally licensed counselor
- Up to six face-to-face counseling sessions per issue, per year at no cost (sessions are held in-person or over secure video)
- Access to comprehensive content and tools through SupportLinc’s website and eConnect® mobile app (Case sensitive username: iu)
WW — Weight Watchers
IU is excited to offer WW as a covered benefit, year-round, at no cost to you! Core and Premium options are available.
Who can participate?
The following individuals are eligible to participate in WW:
- All benefit-eligible Academic and Staff employees; and
- Spouses covered on an IU medical plan
Visit iu.ww.com to learn more and register!
What options are available?
WW delivers programming in two ways to fit your lifestyle:
- Core — Digital Only (e-Tools): an easy-to-use app and website to track your food, movement, and weight goals; barcode scanner, restaurant items, and over 5,000 recipes; and expert chat available 24/7.
- Premium — Workshops + Digital: offers access to workshops in the community (check WW Studio locations) and online, with guidance from a trained WW Coach and motivation from members who are on the same path. Additionally, this option provides access to all the digital tools.
Attend a Private Virtual Workshop Exclusively for You and Your IU Colleagues
Gather your fellow IU WW members and join a Coach for your healthy dose of guidance, inspiration, and support.
To view the schedule and details, join IU’s Connect group by clicking here.
Important: You must click the link from a mobile device to be directed to the Connect group.
Virtual One-on-one Nutrition Counseling
Offered throughout the year, excluding June & July
Sessions last approx. 1 hour
E-mail email@example.com to schedule an appointment
If you have questions about food, we have answers. Our wonderful registered dietitian (RD) can help you develop a plan to achieve your health goals. Sessions include personalized nutrition education on any topic of interest, including weight loss, heart-healthy eating, digestive health, and more. One-on-one nutritional counseling is available at no charge for all IU employees, their spouses on an IU-sponsored medical plan, and IU retirees by appointment.
IU-sponsored medical plan members with Type 1 or 2 diabetes have access to a diabetes management program. This voluntary program utilizes advanced technology from Livongo to help participants manage their diabetes and reduce out-of-pocket costs. Benefits of the program include access to no-cost tools, expert support, advanced monitoring with a connected Livongo glucometer, unlimited test strips/lancets, and more. All program costs are covered by the university. Program provided through IU Benefits.
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) Management
Livongo, available at no cost to IU medical plan members, helps you manage hypertension using a smart blood pressure monitor, personalized action plan, and expert coaching.
Quit for Life Program
Eligibility: Full-time academic and staff employees and spouses who are enrolled in an IU-sponsored medical plan
The Quit For Life Program offers an integrated mix of support tools to help stop using tobacco products. The program is telephone based and accessible across all IU campuses. Participants have access to:
- Five coaching calls with a “Quit Coach” to work with and set and reach a quit date
- Nicotine replacement therapy (as needed)
- One year of follow-up phone and web assistance
Tobacco Cessation Prescription Benefits
Eligibility: Anyone enrolled in an IU-sponsored medical plan
IU employee medical plans cover 100 percent of the cost of tobacco cessation prescription and over-the-counter tobacco replacement products. Coverage is limited to a 180-day supply per covered individual per year. Covered prescriptions drugs include Chantix, Zyban (bupropion), and Nicotrol. Over-the-counter products require a prescription in order to be covered under the employee’s medical plan.
These tobacco cessation resources are offered through Human Resources.