Chronic conditions are persistent conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease, asthma, and more. Many chronic conditions are preventable or manageable . . . and the power is in our hands!
Healthy lifestyle choices such as eating nutritious foods, being physically active, and avoiding tobacco are the keys to preventing or living our best lives with chronic conditions.
Tools for Living Well
People engaged in their health and health care decisions usually attain the best treatment and outcome.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Diabetes (view IU resources for preventing and managing diabetes)
- Exercise Is Medicine
- High Cholesterol
- Pregnancy: Before, During, and After
- Surgery Preparation: Questions to Ask
- Thyroid Disease