Why Take the Stairs?
- Taking the stairs can actually be quicker than taking the elevator. (Source)
- Stair climbing engages the stabilizing muscles in your foot and ankle, improving balance.
- Stair climbing can increase bone density and help prevent osteoporosis.
- Increase your life expectancy: The 2019 Harvard Health Alumni Study found that regular stair climbing can lower the risk of death from all causes.
- Stair climbing can be an effective and time-efficient way to fit more cardio into your day.
- Stair climbing is a helpful weight loss or management activity, and can also reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Regular stair users have greater leg strength and aerobic capacity than non users.
- Stair climbing exercises engage more muscles than walking, jogging, or running on flat terrain.