How to Be a Great Teammate!
What does being a great team member look like to you? Take 1 minute to jot down 3 things you could do to be an awesome teammate!
Here are some general ideas:
- Always giving your best effort! Set a goal that works for you and do your best to stick to it. (Learn about setting SMART goals!) Some days will be easier than others to meet your goal — be gentle with yourself on days that are busy or chaotic and get “back on the horse” when you can.
- Understanding that everyone is coming from a different place and is doing their best.
- Listening to your teammates. Get input on what works for them before setting any major team goals or planning team outings.
- Communicating with compassion. Positivity goes a long way — often, it goes A LOT farther than negativity or criticism.
- Keep perspective! We know some people really like to win. If you're highly competitive, please keep perspective. This is a FUN challenge to encourage movement. If you enjoy the benefits of your increased movement and your teammates, YOU WON!