Start a Wellness Challenge!
Download a Healthy IU wellness challenge template below.
Being Well Is Better Together! Ask your department, coworkers, friends, or family to join you for a wellness challenge! All of the challenges can be done as a team. Just have each teammate use an individual tracker and participate together. Some trackers are even specifically designed for teams. Reach out to us at email@example.com if we can be of any assistance!
Did you complete a challenge? Fill out the challenge feedback survey to receive your incentive!
|I want to . . .||Challenge title||Challenge length||Trackers available to download|
|Try more Healthy IU offerings||Healthy IU BINGO||Self-paced||BINGO card|
Make sure I’m safe at work
|Safety Scavenger Hunt||15 minutes||Scavenger Hunt|
Try more plant-based foods
|Back to Our Roots: Plant Eating Challenge||3 Weeks||Individual Tracker|
Take the stairs more often
|Climb IU||3 Weeks|
Feel good at my workstation
|Feel Good Workstation Movements||3 Weeks||Individual Tracker|
|Sleep Great IU!||4 Weeks||Individual Tracker
|Get more active minutes||Get Out and Play!||4 Weeks|
|Walking Challenge||3 Weeks -OR- 12 Weeks|
Participants who complete a challenge feedback survey receive a Healthy IU drawstring bag.
Here's what to do to receive your incentive:
1. Complete a challenge.
2. Fill out the anonymous challenge feedback survey. Your responses help us improve future programming!
- If you held a team challenge, each member of the team will need to fill out the survey in order to recieve a drawstring bag.
3. Look for your incentive to arrive via Campus Mail!
- Spouses, use the IU Employee's Campus Mail address when you fill out the survey.
For Team Leaders
Starting a Team — Easy as 1-2-3!
- Download and print a team tracker or some individual trackers.
- Post the tracker(s) in a common area (like a breakroom or on your door).
- Invite people to join your team and track their progress with you.
How to Be a GREAT Team Leader
- Choose a challenge that everyone can participate in, if they want.
- Have fun!
- Understand that everyone has their own idea of what’s fun! If you choose to plan any team meetings or activities, get feedback from your teammates first.
Ideas for Team Leaders
(Remember, ask teammates if they want to do these first!)
- Update teammates with weekly results in a fun email.
- Host a healthy pitch-in lunch to celebrate the beginning or end of the challenge. (You can find Healthy IU-approved recipes here.)
- Recognize teammate accomplishments.