Choose Your Challenge
Start anytime from May 1 to July 1, 2023
Participate as an individual or create a team!
Incentive: Receive a Healthy IU fanny pack (while supplies last) after completing your challenge & evaluation survey.
(Incentive eligibility: Must be an IU employee or a spouse on an IU-sponsored medical plan. Must submit a challenge evaluation by July 28.)
This summer, you're in the driver's seat! Here's how to participate in Healthy IU’s Summer "Choose Your Challenge" program.
- Between May 1 and July 1, choose a Healthy IU wellness challenge that you’d like to participate in from the list of 12 templates below. Topics range from physical activity to nutrition to financial wellness and more.
- Download the challenge tracker of your choice. Each tracker includes participation instructions.
- Participate and have fun! (Note: Mark your challenge end date on your calendar to complete the evaluation for your incentive as you will NOT receive reminders from Healthy IU.)
- Once you've completed your challenge, fill out the challenge evaluation to receive a Healthy IU fanny pack, while supplies last. (Note: Only IU employees and spouses on an IU-sponsored medical plan are eligible for the challenge incentive. Challenge evaluations must be completed by July 28.)
TEAM CHALLENGE: Being Well Is Better Together!
Ask your department, coworkers, or family to join you for a wellness challenge! All of the challenges can be done as a team. Just have each teammate use an individual tracker and participate together. Some trackers are even specifically designed for teams. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of any assistance! (Note: Only IU employees and spouses on an IU-sponsored medical plan are eligible for the challenge incentive.)
Did you complete a challenge? Fill out the challenge evaluation survey to receive your incentive!
|I want to . . .||Challenge title||Challenge length||Trackers available to download|
|Try more Healthy IU offerings||Healthy IU BINGO||Self-paced||BINGO card|
Make sure I’m safe at work
|Safety Scavenger Hunt||15 minutes||Scavenger Hunt|
Try more plant-based foods
|Back to Our Roots: Plant Eating Challenge||3 Weeks||Individual Tracker|
Take the stairs more often
|Climb IU||3 Weeks|
Feel good at my workstation
|Feel Good Workstation Movements||3 Weeks||Individual Tracker|
|Sleep Great IU!||4 Weeks||Individual Tracker
|Get more active minutes||Get Out and Play!||4 Weeks|
|Walking Challenge||3 Weeks -OR- 12 Weeks|
Help the environment
|Sustain & Move IU!||3 Weeks|
Explore my financial wellness
|Money Mindset||3 Weeks|
Drink more water
|Healthy Hydration Habits||1 Week|
|Gratitude Challenge||4 Weeks|
Eligibile participants who complete a challenge evaluation survey have the option of receiving a Healthy IU fanny pack (while supplies last!).
Here's what to do to receive your incentive:
1. Complete a challenge.
2. Fill out the challenge evaluation survey by July 28. Your responses help us improve future programming! We are unable to process late submissions.
- If you held a team challenge, each member of the team will need to fill out the survey in order to receive their fanny pack.
3. Look for your incentive to arrive via Campus Mail!
- Spouses, use the IU Employee's Campus Mail address when you fill out the survey.
For Team Leaders
Starting a Team — Easy as 1-2-3!
- Download and/or print a team tracker or some individual trackers.
- Post the tracker(s) in a common area (like a breakroom or on your door), or if you are virtual, on a shared drive.
- Invite people to join your team and track their progress with you.
How to Be a GREAT Team Leader
- Choose a challenge that everyone can participate in, if they want.
- Have fun!
- Understand that everyone has their own idea of what’s fun! If you choose to plan any team meetings or activities, get feedback from your teammates first.
- Remember this is not a competition but rather an opportunity to increase the sense of social connection. Everyone is starting at different levels so celebrate all success and encourage each other along the way.
Ideas for Team Leaders
(Remember, ask teammates if they want to do these first!)
- Update teammates with weekly results in a fun email.
- Host a healthy pitch-in lunch to celebrate the beginning or end of the challenge. (You can find Healthy IU-suggested recipes here.)
- Recognize teammate accomplishments.
Share with Us!
Share your team's progress with us! Post a picture of your team participating in the challenge and tag @HealthyIU on Facebook and Twitter!